Log in

No account? Create an account
Thoughts Like Music
...original soundtrack not available...you'll thank us...
*grinds teeth* 
1st-Apr-2005 04:43 pm

There needs to be a visa for Highly Motivated Migrant Workers as well.

Highly Skilled, bah.
1st-Apr-2005 09:57 pm (UTC)
There basically are, but the UK isn't party to the Shengen Agreement.
1st-Apr-2005 10:24 pm (UTC)
Schengen's only about border controls: EU citizens can work in the UK or any other EU state freely. Not that this helps rethought any :)
1st-Apr-2005 10:36 pm (UTC)
Right, if she weren't already from a visa-waiver country, a Schengen visa would allow her free access to member countries.

However, there's also a special-status work visa that allows non-citizens free access to markets. I thought it was a clause attached to Schengen. I wonder if I still have my copy of the EU treaties...
1st-Apr-2005 10:55 pm (UTC)
If you can find any reasonablly skilled job you should get a work permit without a problem. Of course getting the job without the visa can be more challenging, but getting a permit less so.

In the worst case, you should be able to get a 2 year permit under the fresh talen initiative later this summer, assuming you want to stay in Scotland: http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage/schemes_and_programmes/fresh_talent__working.html
2nd-Apr-2005 03:29 am (UTC)
Unfortunately, it seems that the only catch is having to have graduated from a Scottish University. I'm trying to get in...and I'm trying to have high hopes, but I'm a bit pessimistic about my chances. Hence, trying to find Plan B. :-/
this page was loaded 20th Apr 2018, 5:06 am GMT.