I get really sick of fruit in the winter. I'm such a berry fan that I am never happy with the usual round of oranges, apples, and bananas that are reasonably priced in winter.
One way to make apples more appealing to me after 3 months of winter is to bake them.Baked ApplesIngredients
Apples, Granny Smith work really well, I used Fuji.
1 Tablespoon of brown or white sugar per apple
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon per apple
Nuts or Raisins to taste.Method
1. Assemble the ingredients.
2. Core the apples, but don't cut through the bottom. Depending on how many nuts/raisins you're including, make the 'well' in the apple bigger.
3. Pour in sugar, raisins/nuts, and cinnamon into the well.
4. Place into a baking pan and score around the outside to prevent bursting.
5. Bake at 200C for an hour. Enjoy.Cooked fruit: yea or nay?